The Perfect Match
Posted by: Lacey Everett on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 12:00:00 am
So, how do you find the perfect match? These five steps will assist you in the REALTOR® search process:
- Ask questions — While all REALTOR® are qualified experts in home buying and selling, this doesn’t mean you should necessarily choose the first REALTOR® you see listed in the yellow pages. Talk to former clients of the potential REALTOR® , or interview some folks in the neighborhood to which you’re hoping to move, and see if a certain REALTOR® emerges as the top REALTOR® of choice.
- Find a REALTOR® with experience in similar situations — An older couple looking to downsize will not have the same goals that a family with young children may have. Find a REALTOR® that has experience finding and selling homes that are specific to your situation.
- Interview several agents — You’ll find many agents that meet the job requirements, but interviewing agents in person will help to clearly indicate the front-runner, or the agent with whom you seem to have the most chemistry.
- Understand all that a REALTOR® is responsible for — REALTORS® don’t just find and list homes; There are a myriad of responsibilities that REALTORS® have. Make sure you select an agent that you believe can handle these responsibilities to help to take the stress out of an already stressful process.
- Think long term — REALTORS® aren’t just needed on a case-by-case basis. Think of finding a REALTOR® as finding a long term partner. Your REALTOR® should be someone that you see yourself forming a relationship with so that you can work together on all home buying and selling projects — starting now and lasting a lifetime.