You have been house hunting for months and you have finally found it, your dream home. From the hardwood floors to the master bathroom, you know this is the place you want to call home. So it’s time to ask some essential questions that may not be obvious. It is important to hit every topic before you make a life-changing purchase.
Below is a checklist of some of those questions that aren’t as obvious as they should be, but definitely worth asking.
- What is the home’s sales history?
- Did the sellers make any major renovation or additions?
- How much are the property taxes?
- What are maintenance and utility costs?
- Has there ever been a broken pipe? Sewer backup?
- How old is the roof?
- Have there ever been pest infestations?
- Are there warranties on the appliances, HVAC system, garage door, etc.?
- What are the parking restrictions around the house?
- Does the house have any kind of unusual history?
For more information on why these questions are necessary to ask when buying a home click here.