What Buyers Should Know Before Approaching an Open House
The weather is heating up and so is the housing market! What does that mean? More and more open houses popping up every weekend. The open house has long been a tradition in real estate and local REALTORS® have a few tips that they want you to know before you approach an open house.
- Focus on what you know – for now, focus on the area where you think you want to buy.
- Be open to higher and lower price ranges – knowing what you can get above and below your target range will be informative.
- Watch the people at an open house – are people walking in and walking out without much consideration? Are they hovering around the agent asking a lot of questions?
- Pick the showing agent’s brain – this person likely knows a lot about the house or the neighborhood.
- Know the days on the market before going to an open house – this will help you to negotiate price.
For more on this, click here.