You may have heard about the recent announcement from the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) about the new .REALTOR domain name.
What does this mean to you and how could it impact your brand and business for years to come?
REALTORS® and consumers will benefit in the following ways:
- The .REALTOR top-level domain (TLD) will bring order and consistency to the currently disorganized real estate space on the Internet.
- Establishes a branded destination for consumers, ensuring they're dealing with a REALTOR®.
- Empowers NAR to set standards of professionalism and use that differentiates the .REALTOR domain from all others.
- Builds a TLD that establishes .REALTOR as the trusted source when searching for real estate information on-line.
- Provides an Internationally recognizable brand to differentiate REALTORS® and the organized real estate community from others.
- Positions REALTORS® with a competitive edge in the on-line real estate space, potentially enabling future creation of a search engine making it easier for consumers to locate REALTORS® and real estate services.
- Offers individual REALTORS® a unique solution to further leverage their on-line brand, with the added support of a stronger REALTOR® brand.
- Strengthens and supports existing broker and franchise brands, while concurrently leveraging the REALTOR® brand.
How do I secure my .REALTOR Domain?
A notification process has begun. Today you can sign up to receive an email notice when the domain names become available for purchase. At that point – likely in the first quarter of 2014 – you will make a final decision about which domains to buy. No decisions need to be made now, but registering gets you in the queue. Secure your marketing presence for the future by registering now. Click here to sign up.
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions