License Renewal + CE
- Licensees MUST complete 12 hours of continuing education each and every year (July 1 through June 30), and may not take all 36 hours in the same year.
- Extra hours completed during a CE year do not carry over. As in the past, the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency will conduct compliance audits and members will be required to submit proof of completion of these hours.
- All agents are responsible for holding on to their CE certificates themselves. During the renewal period in (2020) the Commission will conduct an audit. If an agent is audited they will need to provide proof of completion.
- Brokers with the Managing Broker designation (formerly called principal brokers), must ensure to include 4 hours of managing broker courses as are a part of their yearly 12 hour requirement.
- In other words, Managing Brokers also complete 12 hours, with at least 4 of those hours being managing broker specific courses.
- Regardless, all brokers will renew their licenses and pay a renewal fee by June 30, 2020.
What if you do not complete the course on time?
On 12/13/17, the Indiana Real Estate Commission established the following fines:
- 1 – 30 days late = $250
- 31 days – 6 months late = $500
- Over 6 months late = $1,000
Click here to access the IPLA Web site or call 317/234-3009.
For a list of approved education providers, click here.