MIBOR Master Professional (MPRO)
The MIBOR Master Professional Certification Program (MPRO) is designed to equip members with education and experience in essential aspects of the real estate industry, achieving excellence in core competencies. MPRO Certified Members demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of knowledge and professionalism ensuring an exceptional consumer and peer experience.
Registration for MPRO is coming soon, however if you are interested in participating in the MIBOR Master Professional (MPRO) Program and would like to pre-register for a bootcamp in 2020, you can submit a pledge form with your commitment. Take the pledge and mark your calendars with the date that works best for you.
*Please note that you will not be officially registered until you complete the online registration and pay the $250 fee.
- Must be a MIBOR REALTOR member in active status
- Must complete the program within 24 months from initial application*
*Reinstatement fee of $50 applies after 24 months
Will include approximately 30 hours of instruction and attendance at 8 various local or national meetings. Applicants should be able to complete all requirements within 12 months (but no longer than 24 months).
How to Apply
The member must submit an application and fee of $250 to begin their journey. Once the applicant has completed all requirements, the applicant will be granted certification as MPRO. Registration is coming soon, however if you are interested in participating in the MIBOR Master Professional (MPRO) Program and would like to pre-register for a bootcamp in 2020, click here to submit your pledge form.
Upon designation, the member will be provided with a toolkit containing a logo to use in marketing materials and on social media to promote themselves as MPRO certified and will be awarded a certificate and lapel pin at an annual recognition ceremony.
- Complete MIBOR’s Navigating Contracts course
This course addresses common issues with contracts and how to navigate through the challenges. 2-hour approved CE course. Held at least twice a year at MIBOR. Free to MPRO applicants, $50 fee to all other members.
- Attend MIBOR’s Working with Industry Partners panel
This session provides discussion about common questions & issues surrounding the appraisal, title, home inspection and mortgage aspects of the transaction. 2 hours. Held at least twice a year at MIBOR. Free to MPRO applicants, $50 fee to all other members.
- Complete 2 (out of 3 offered) MIBOR Professionalism Matters series
This 3-part series addresses common professionalism issues and ways to turn an unprofessional situation into a professional one. Attend 2 of the 3 available courses. Each is a 2-hour approved CE course and held at least twice a year at MIBOR. Free to MPRO applicants, $50 fee to all other members. Note: Completion of prior offerings of the Professionalism Matters course will be accepted up to one year prior to application submission.
- Attend COE Do’s and Don’ts session
This session is led by the Professional Services Department. Held at least twice a year at MIBOR and at Division meetings/office visits. 90-minute session. Free to MPRO applicants, $25 fee to all other members.
- Hold an At Home with Diversity Certification OR complete a course on at least one of the following topics (must be IREC approved):
- Complete MIBOR’s Your Community session
This course covers the difference between federal, state, and local governments, zoning and sign regulations, understanding RPAC, voting, elected officials, how MIBOR impacts community, etc. 90-minute session. Held at least twice a year at MIBOR. Free to MPRO applicants, $25 fee to all other members.
- Complete MIBOR’s BLC® Rules & Regs session
This course covers the history & purpose of BLC, RESO standards, MLS Grid, Do’s & Don’ts, Industry Trends, etc. 90-minute session. Held at least twice a year at MIBOR. Free to all members.
- Complete at least 6 MIBOR BLC® Tech Trainings
Choose from 20 offered trainings of interest to you. A list of trainings can be found here. (New Member Orientation & New Broker Orientation trainings excluded) Free to all members. Note: Completion of MIBOR Tech trainings will be accepted up to one year prior to application submission.
- Complete course on Agent Safety OR Complete self-defense course
Self-defense courses can be taken through outside provider. Courses will be accepted up to one year prior to application submission.
- Complete MIBOR’s Navigating the Ever-Changing Landscape of Real Estate session
This session will cover all aspects of issues in the industry, common misconceptions, understanding and embracing the evolving industry. 90-minute session. Held at least twice a year at MIBOR. Free to MPRO applicants, $50 fee to all other members.
- Attend 4 MIBOR Division meetings & at least 2 Institute, Society, or Council Meetings
- Attend at least 2 of the following:
- NAR Legislative Conference
- A local town hall meeting hosted by your member of Congress
- IAR Legislative Conference
- A county commissioners meeting or a city/town council meeting
- A State of the City Address or State of the County Address
- A county political party event
- A candidate forum or debate
*Evidence of attendance must be submitted to the Professional Services Department.
to earn mpro+
In addition to the completing the requirements above and earning the MPRO Certification, applicants must complete the following to earn the M-PRO+ Certification:
- Earn the National Association of REALTORS® C2EX Endorsement
The Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) Program is a National Association of REALTORS® member benefit that empowers REALTORS® to demonstrate their professionalism and commitment to conducting business at the highest standards. Access the program at c2ex.realtor. Free to all NAR members.
For more information about the program, please visit the C2EX website.