The MIBOR Economic and Community Development Council has continued to invest in impactful community-based initiatives into December 2021. The ECDC awarded an additional $20,000 to four deserving organizations, including Midtown Indianapolis, Inc., City of Anderson Parks and Recreation, Mapleton-Fall Creek Development Corporation and Greenfield Parks and Recreation.
This year the council, made up of volunteer REALTOR® council members, received and reviewed 47 applications totaling $352,500 in requests from all 12 counties in the MIBOR service area. For this inaugural year, the ECDC was able to invest $120,000 back into the MIBOR service area through 24 different projects in 10 counties.
The projects funded are as follows:
- Camp IndyHub, Marion County ($6,000)
- General Support, Local Economic Development Organizations (LEDO) – ($20,000)
- Covering Boone, Hancock, Hamilton, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Morgan and Shelby counties with $2,500 each
- Boone EDC Day of Service, Boone County ($5,000)
- General Support for Indy Gateway, Marion County ($5,000)
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Project GreenSpace, Marion County ($5,000)
- Visit Indy and Hamilton County Tourism, White River Vision Plan, Hamilton and Marion Counties ($10,000)
- Crawfordsville Main Street Wayfinding, Montgomery County ($5,000)
- Harrison Center for the Arts Greatriarch Gatherings, Marion County ($10,000)
- Blue River Community Foundation, Porter Park Storybook Trail, Shelby County ($7,000)
- Broad Ripple Village Association, Broad Ripple RiverWalk, Marion County ($2,500)
- City of Anderson Parks and Recreation, Kayak and Canoe Ramp at Edgewater Park, Madison County ($5,000)
- West Indianapolis Development Corporation, Homeownership, Marion County ($5,000)
- Indy Gateway, Transit Education, Marion County ($5,000)
- Southeast Neighborhood Development, Twin Aire Skilled Trades Accelerator Feasibility Study, Marion County ($12,000)
- Midtown Indianapolis, Inc., Keystone Monon Community Plan ($10,000)
- Mapleton-Fall Creek Development Corporation, Affordable Housing in Mid-North Indianapolis ($5,000)
- Greenfield Parks and Recreation, Operation Community Engagement ($2,500)
For more information on each of these investments, funding support eligibility and the 2022 MIBOR ECDC application for investment, please visit www.mibor.com/ecdc.