MIBOR NextGen helps new and rising REALTORS® excel in their careers by giving them resources and encouragement to become involved in leadership, networking, and community.The mission will be accomplished by:
- Providing opportunities for new members to network with peers•Providing a forum for information and education about the industry
- Facilitating charitable support to the local community
- Further the mission of MIBOR
- Providing a link between rising REALTORS® and MIBOR
The purpose of the MIBOR NextGen Leadership Committee shall be to:
- Recruit members to attend NextGen events and engage with the program
- Plan network opportunities and events
- Plan informational and educational events
- Identify opportunities to engage membership
- Mentor new leaders by providing experience, guidance, and support
The MIBOR NextGen Leadership Committee shall be selected from volunteer applicants on an annual basis by the MIBOR President and confirmed by the Board of Directors as per MIBOR Bylaws Article 13. The committee will consist of 15 active MIBOR members; no more than 50% shall be affiliate members. Committee members serve two years with terms beginning in January.
Chair: Appointed by MIBOR President. Oversees meetings, serves as main group spokesperson.
Vice-Chair: Appointed by MIBOR President-Elect. Works in conjunction with the chair.
Staff Liaison:At least one MIBOR staff will serve as a liaison to the committee.
MIBOR NextGen Leadership Committee members are expected to fulfill the purpose of the committee. Committee members are expected to assist in planning, market and attend events, as well as perform outreach to new members. Members are also expected to recruit new members to replace themselves as they roll off the committee; frequent turn-over is important.The MIBOR NextGen leadership committee generally meets the first Monday of every month at 11:00 a.m. Committee members agree to attend all leadership committee meetings and events. A member who fails to attend two successive meetings and/or events without excuse will be deemed to have resigned, as per MIBOR Bylaws Article 13.2.